Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hostess Club - March

Good grief, has it really been a month since I posted! I can't believe the way time flies! Life is busy with the kidlets and Sale-a-bration was fabulous this year! I can't believe it's over already,but now we have a retiring list to look forward to at the beginning of May and a new catalog coming July 1! WOOHOO!


Here are the Hostess Club projects we made for March!


The basket card uses the Basket and Blooms Sizzix Die (#113484)! Technically, it only uses half of the basket though! The grass is a strip of Green Galore and cut with paper snips to look like grass. The eggs use various Designer Series papers cut with the wide oval punch (#112082).
The base of the card included with your project materials is Barely Banana, I was running low so, I made my sample with Gable Green!

The Butterfly Box uses two Sizzix dies, the Top Note (#113463) and the Beautiful Buttlerflies die (#114507). The butterflies are cut with Pink Pirouette and Candy Lane Designer Series paper. You can't tell from this picture but...you build the box and then wrap your piece of ribbon around the box (secure on the side seam with Sticky Strip) and put one Top Note on the bottom and one on the top! Hint: Stamp your sentiment on the Top Note piece before attaching it to the top of the box! The ribbons are run through holes punched with your 1/8" hole punch and set eyelets in the holes, then run the ribbon through and tie! For the butterlies, add a drop of glue to the back of the small butterfly and adhere the body to the center of the larger butterfly, then wrap pink gingham ribbon around (for antenna) and secure with the brad! I used a small piece of sticky strip to secure the butterflies to the box!

The Easter Basket is made with 4 Scalloped Envelope (#113462) diecuts. You will snip the tabs off of two of them and lay out flat on the table; one with tabs, one without tabs, etc. then glue the tabs to the adjoining envelope. When you get them all connected, you will attach the last tab to the first envelope to form the box. Fold in the bottom flaps and add glue, set it on the table to square it up, then press down inside the box to adhere! Next you will glue the DSP strip to the scallop punched strip! Next, you punch two holes in one of the flaps, (this will be the front of your basket). Glue the other three flaps down. Attach the handle to the box with the brads. Wrap the celery ribbon around the box on top of the three flaps you glued down (I found it helps to secure the center of the ribbon to the back of the basket with a glue dot!), then run the ribbon through the holes on the front and tie in a bow!

I'm sure that was boring reading but I wanted to give you some of the ins and outs for creating your projects! I hope these instructions made a little sense! I'm not good at typing up directions! If you have questions, don't hesitate to call or e-mail me!

Happy Stampin'!
Jeanna





4 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love all of them!!!

Anonymous said...

You never fail to wow me, Jeanna! You are so creative in how you use your materials. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Becky said...

Oh Jeanna. These are great! I love that black with pink!! VERY AWESOME!! I also wanted to tell you that I love seeing your posts!! Praying all is well with you!

Elizabeth said...

All too cute! I love how you tied the bow on the basket! Teacher Appreciation Week is next week, and I'll definitely be making at least one of these! (My son has 7 different teachers, and I haven't decided if they are all getting one along with my daughter's teacher. LOL)

Hugs!