Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beautiful Butterflies


First of all, sorry about the glare on this one! I'm a stamper, not a photographer! I made this set of tiles for my parents who were re-doing their bathroom! Mom has a butterfly theme going on and didn't want just plain white tiles around the bathtub, so this is what I came up with! I know that monarchs are oranges and not peaches but I improvised for her color scheme!
These are the glossy tiles so they are a bit difficult to stamp on without sliding around! I stamped them very carefully with Jet Black Stazon using Stampin' Up!'s Wonderful Wings (retired). Then sprayed them lightly with workable fixative (this helps hold the color onto the slick surface). Next, I colored the images using Stampin' Pastels and Q-tips. Finally, I sprayed them very lightly from about 12 inches away with several light coats of glossy sealant! I really needed them to hold up to light cleaning and the humidity of the bathroom. So far, so good!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy stampin'!
Jeanna

No comments: