Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gift Set for Grandma!!

This was so much fun to put together! My Grandmother is in a retirement apartment complex now (we just celebrated her 90th birthday - GO GRANDMA!!) and they help each other adjust when a new resident moves in by pairing them up with someone who has been there awhile! Grandma wanted something to give to her new buddy, so this is what I came up with!

The gift bag was made to put all the other items in! The picture frame is magnetic on the back and came from the Target Dollar Spot (a couple years ago) I knew they would come in handy one day!! The notepad is a plain paper writing tablet and YES, I stamped every page with roses!! That took some time! I love the mini totes, there are 4 notecards (3 x 3) with envelopes inside. And last but not least - an altered candle! I'm hoping she doesn't burn it! Not that it can't be, but I know how forgetful older folks can be! I'm thinking of her safety!! But it did turn out pretty, I think!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Stay tuned!!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful gift set Jeanna! I believe I need to case this - it would be perfect for my DD's teacher. I'm sure your grandmother's friend will love it!

Alicia said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
Alicia

Elizabeth said...

Oh. My. Word. This is fantastic! I'm sure it will be a hit!

Hugs!
Elizabeth
(FLMommyof2)